Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trusting

Several times this week I have been overwhelmed by feelings of “ I can’t do this.” I feel unsure if what I do daily as a teacher will transfer to the other side of the world in a culture and school system that I don’t really understand. It’s a tough sell to convince a school to invest more time on a few students who are struggling when hundreds of others are begging for a chance to learn and may not get the chance. I fear being pushy.. I don’t want to come here and assume American education is transferable to India. I am excited to work as a team, and I hope the blend of knowledge and skill will move us forward in a positive direction.
Yesterday, I stopped for a visit at the school I will be working with next week. I stopped to visit the classroom of a WONDERFUL teacher. She truly loves and desires to help all children.

No comments:

Post a Comment