Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Empty Words

Since returning, every time that I share any of these stories, the words sound artificial. Even as I hear the words come out of my mouth it sounds like I am making it up. I tried taking pictures, but the feeling is absent, I have tried writing, but can’t describe it. Without the cultural context the moment described seem empty. I guess, really, some things aren’t meant to be captured. The heart is more complex than words and when it can’t be written, I guess it just needs to be treasured. But, despite this acknowledgment I still feel compelled to try to share my experience. It is like getting any gift, you want others to enjoy it, to understand and appreciate it anyway. We really are more the same than different and sometimes I forget to see that. Each time I go to India..I am so blessed to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment