“You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place, I told him, like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again.”
― Azar Nafisi, Reading Lolita in Tehran
― Azar Nafisi, Reading Lolita in Tehran
A great part about returning to India over and over is I get to be "that person" every year for six weeks....This time, is a new adventure.. My mom will be joining me. For her, it will be a new adventure of smells, sights and sounds. For me, it will be an adventure of letting her see a part of me, an inner joy that only seems to show it self a whole world away.
Let the adventure begin!
Lauren, well spoken!!! You will see another part of your mother as well. She is one strong woman.
ReplyDeleteLauren and Karen,
ReplyDeleteWe are excited for both of you and know that this adventure is created for you by the One who created you for His purposes.
love, Bruce and Karla
Hi Girls!
ReplyDeleteYou are somewhere in the air between here and there!! Wondering how (if) you slept and how you managed to endure that airplane seat for 17 hours. Woke up thinking about you last night several times, and wished I could have called you en route! So sorry my phone connection was so poor (I'm looking into how I can improve the situation) but so grateful to hear Karen's voice from NJ. You'll be on my mind and in my heart. Barb
Hi, we are here and settling in. Today we toured the city busy but fun day!
ReplyDelete