Tuesday, June 25, 2013

and....if there was any doubt.. I still LOVE IT!

And.. there was doubt (a lot of it).  I had a good school year, so I wasn't sure why I felt so worn out leading up to this trip.  All I wanted was a summer at the pool.  I wanted to lay around, sit in the sun, drink ice coffee, and do NOTHING.  It took me forever to commit to purchasing tickets this year.  For a variety of reasons I kept putting it off.  The closer I got to summer, the more thoughts of not coming to India really seemed to gain momentum - worthy of my consideration. I have for sure had moments of panic before but this year wasn't like that, just an un-ending "I don't want to go!!" feeling.  I kept assuring myself it would be fine once I got here.  ...  AND guess what.....IT IS!!

Today was SO nice.  I was able to visit a village of women I enjoy so very much.  We sat on porches, in doorways, and by outside fire pits, sharing stories from the year...heartaches and joys.  Joys including the birth of a sweet, three day old, little" peanut".  Usually, translated conversations are awkward but not today.  It just flowed.
I like that!

Today ended with a "Bread and Wine" kind of night. Bread and Wine is a book I am reading now.  I would recommend any book by this author... I have referred to her before. This book is a celebration of life around the table.... cooking, eating, and sharing lives. Tonight was that kind of night...three ladies, three countries, a table of good food, and time together.

Now I am back in my room. I am sitting here tonight with a contented heart.  Thankful for the way I GET to spend my summers and thankful that I get to do it all over again tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. It just shows that God is in control...lighting the way....
    P.S. It took me at least 3 days to be able to figure out how to get on to post.

    ReplyDelete