I posted an awful
picture the other day claiming it was wonderful, because of the night it
represented. I tried to write more
of a story to go along with it but there isn’t really much of a story. It was a simple night. We didn’t share fancy food or drink. We had Coke and crackers. We didn’t go
anywhere. We just sat and talked. But it
was just one of those nights where things click.
After a month of building relationships - there comes a time when it just works - and conversation flows freely (translated easily) and laughter happens. We talked about the work happening in her life and how amazing it is. We heard how her life is being transformed from sad and heavy to joyful.. and then, I guess, I asked a forbidden question. I asked her to tell her “love marriage” story. When I wasn’t satisfied with the one sentence version I pressed for more. With nudging by her niece, she relented and shared - with giggles escaping. Her smile is infectious.. I think we all love that about her. You just feel comfortable in her home. I could comment about the home to give a clear picture of the setting but I won’t because that really wasn’t the important part. The important part was the sharing and the friendship built a world away. We stopped for a just a quick visit but lingered past dark and then walked home. We all had hearts full and our souls were fully encouraged.. that’s the important part.
After a month of building relationships - there comes a time when it just works - and conversation flows freely (translated easily) and laughter happens. We talked about the work happening in her life and how amazing it is. We heard how her life is being transformed from sad and heavy to joyful.. and then, I guess, I asked a forbidden question. I asked her to tell her “love marriage” story. When I wasn’t satisfied with the one sentence version I pressed for more. With nudging by her niece, she relented and shared - with giggles escaping. Her smile is infectious.. I think we all love that about her. You just feel comfortable in her home. I could comment about the home to give a clear picture of the setting but I won’t because that really wasn’t the important part. The important part was the sharing and the friendship built a world away. We stopped for a just a quick visit but lingered past dark and then walked home. We all had hearts full and our souls were fully encouraged.. that’s the important part.
No comments:
Post a Comment