Sunday, July 19, 2009

Things I LOVE about India
A friend cries when she prays.. not out of sadness but out of passion
Riding a motorcycle
Flowers in hair
Mango juice
Taare Zareem Par
Talking with my Indian mom
Learning
Knowing people
Stories
Singing
Smiling
Watching people do things that are not their job in order to help me
Train trips
Seeing monkeys
Riding elephants
Riding camels
Fitting in
Knowing I glow
Helpfulness of everyone
The man who ran the home where many grew up
Friends coming to my room on their own...not waiting to be asked
Laughing over mistakes and slip-ups like "feeese" (fish)
World Youth Sunday
Children saying “Gooooood morning mama.”
Wearing saris
Having girls over to my room
The way my friend answers the phone
Chai
The way a friend always answers “No problem.”
The way a friend’s daughter shakes her head in her little Indian way
Holding babies
Children bundled in hats and coats (85 degrees is cold in India)
Eating with my hands
TTC
Laughing
Rainstorms
Vision


Things I don’t like about India
Mosquitoes
Mosquito bites
Seeing my dinner alive .... before it is my dinner
That there are no words to say thank you enough...and no way to repay anyone for their kindness and love
When I return home and talk about why I love India.. no one will understand
Leaving without exact assurance of returning
Pickled mangoes
Stiff, line-dried clothing
Not enough days left
Not enough time to just sit and be friends

1 comment:

  1. Great post Lauren! Again, thanks for sharing about India... it helps me know India a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete