Friday, June 17, 2011

Ready?!?!

June 17,2010

Six, five,four.... "Aghhh!" My bags are packed, they have been for a week.  I am probably more organized than ever....five phonics kits (that I had to make), morning calendar for five classrooms, at least 12 donated pocket charts, reading assessments, 90 glow bracelets for my littlest friends, and a stack of first grade books.  Marc, the son of my college roommate, picked out his favorites to share with kids a world a way.  I sound ready...right? "Ughhh!" then why don't I feel ready.  I can look back over the past three years and utilize what I have learned (when it comes to teaching) but...when it comes to my heart the same unsettled feeling is there again. I know that every year my anxiety leaves once I walk through the first check point at the Cleveland airport and I know that I come back charged and encouraged instead of worn out as I fear I will be. I am always blessed with love, friendship, and more amazing experiences than I can even imagine.  Now if only I could convince my heart to relax, trust, and enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment