Friday, July 29, 2011
Thankful!
Tonight.. I am sitting looking at my pictures from the past weeks. I am smiling as I remember small moments. I remember the gift of a family from a world away, the giggle that bursts from almost every lip whenever they hear my attempt at Telugu, and a smile on the face of a friend I made last year. This year, that same friend, is quick to take my hand and try to engage in conversation. She has even learned English and attempts to speak it. Between her very broken English, my very broken Telugu and a lot of acting - - we sometimes communicate a spoken message.. but more so.. we communicate a heart message. I am looking at faces of people I don’t know but long to meet. I really wish I could come for awhile and work in a rice field or as a sweeper. I would love to listen. I would love to know their stories. I wish I took pictures that did justice to the beauty of aged hands clutching the worn ends of saris or faces that peer through once brightly painted doors. I would love to hear what they know about faith, about life, and loving others. I am thinking of people I do know whose faces are a joy to see each time I visit but so hard to leave. I love the expression of surprise that says without words…”You came again.” I love when they tell me to “go and come” (back soon). I am looking at new friends… who with great persuasion agreed to have tea or the faces on those I was with today - how they laughed when I tried to teach the electric slide. I am thankful for teachers who trust me enough to enter their classrooms; who allow me to take their class and share ideas. I am so thankful that God is teaching me to give the week to him. Most weeks have not gone according the plan I have set. Some days, that has left me feeling frustrated.. but this week I am loving seeing His plan instead of mine. Mostly, I am truly thankful to God to be here again. What fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment