Two weeks ago I visited a school located in the middle of a slum area. I loved the location and loved the teachers but somehow it did not feel like a very productive week. I introduced some behavior modification techniques to one teacher with a class of 50 (3-4 year olds). I was not sure which concepts would "stick" after I left. Today, the teacher found me and thanked me. She said that before I came she'd had daily conversations with the principal, telling him that she could not do this. She told him that she had too many students who were too young (plus she did not speak the same language as the kids). She reported today that her modifications are still working. Her class is listening, quiet, and now knows six letters. She said she no longer needs to meet with the principal.
No comments:
Post a Comment