Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cheap Good


Crossfitters please don’t judge. Today, it is possible, that I ate spoonfuls of sugar straight from the bag.  I was feeling desperate (I should not have felt desperate since I DID also have ice cream today...a rare but wonderful treat). I took just a tiny dab of peanut butter and attempted to satisfy my craving by coating it in sugar.  UGHH!!! Not only should I not have needed the second dessert but I certainly should not have picked sugar straight from the bag.  I could have walked to the store and easily picked up a small chocolate or something but I didn’t.  I ate spoonfuls of mildly satisfying sugar from the bag.  Sounds a bit like life sometimes.  I find that I often settle for things that are kind of good because they are convenient and familiar and easier than walking to the store or making a change. I like comfort (who doesn’t) but I don’t want to settle for something comfortable and familiar if giving up the something comfortable and familiar could lead to something great.  But mostly, unfortunately just like today, I pick to eat bagged sugar on a spoon instead of striving for something more satisfying.  So, I guess my prayer today is that my life choices do not reflect the eating choices of July 19, 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you are not alone. I was able to easily recognize myself in your post. So often expedience wins. Thanks for the reminder that these results are due to "my choices."

    ReplyDelete