Monday, August 13, 2012

Response

    I posted a picture on facebook (related to the previous post) which showed a village consisting of six families who were blessed by the generosity of a seven year old. At first I was upset by one of the responses.

  "Did you realize that one out of every four children in the United States are hungry? We need to help our kids."

   But you know what....she was right...after thinking about it for a few days I finally posted this response.

   "I always think about that. It messes with my heart to think about how much I have and how great the needs are in the U.S. and everywhere. Praying God teaches my heart ways to live more simply. In cultures that are so much "stuff" driven it is easy to forget how I live really could affect someone else in a positive way....if I am willing to do that."

  I hope you take her challenge....Do something..."No one ever became poor from giving."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment