Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dear God


What scares me the most sometimes when I come back from India is the moment where my heart aches a little less or when my eyes stop tearing up every time I see a picture or re-play a moment.  I just want to stay in that place.  I want to lay in bed and pretend to walk in places again.  I still want the air to smell like a blend of tea, trash and spices.  I want to marvel at the contrast of the broken buildings,   and the beautiful people.  I want to stay in a spot where my heart becomes so overwhelmed with a joy that I can tangibly feel it move throughout my body.  I love this place - where the schedule and agenda are gone and I can quiet my plan enough to hear God’s and I become in tune enough with God that I learn to listen.  It’s beautiful.  In the loudest and busiest country my heart finds the greatest joy and I don’t want to become content with anything less than that.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post to remind us how treasured are the moments we feel God's life-giving presence!

    ReplyDelete